Sharing Life & Knowledge
- A Few Good Business Partners
- CEO Coffee
- Childhood Photos (Before Primary School)
- The Binary (Matrix)
- Helicopter Steve
- KL Bird Park - World's Largest Free-Flight Walk-In Aviary
- Lelong! Cheap Sales!
- How To Open A Durian Within Two Seconds?
- Beautiful Taiping Lake Garden
- What Bug Is This?
- Slide Show - Appreciation to Burt Ong & Whye Leng of year 2007
- Slide Show - KL Singles of year 2007
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare."
- Jesus Feeds The Thousands
- The Cost Of Unemployment
- How Do You See the Person in the Mirror?
- What your best friend won't tell you
- Why we should learn to write?
- MSN Messenger -/+
- Get organized
- On a collision course with earth
- Google Maps - Part 2
- Google Maps
- Cancer Prevention
- Decepticon Pirates
- If SINGING not helpful, READ it
The Power Of Music
After some quick reading of book and research from the Internet, I realize that music can give us tonnes of benefits, be it playing a musical instrument, singing or just listening to music (especially classical).
Benefit of Singing:
1. Singing exercises our lungs. It tones up our intercostal muscles and our diaphragm.
2. It can improve our sleep
3. We benefit our hearts and circulation by improving our aerobic capacity and we decrease muscle tension.
4. Our facial muscles get toned.
5. Our posture improves.
6. We can become more mentally alert.
7. Sinuses and respiratory tubes are opened up more
8. With careful training recent evidence suggests that it can help decrease the problem of snoring.
9. There is a release of pain relieving endorphins.
10. Our immune system is given a boost enabling us to fight disease.
11. It can help reduce anger and depression and anxiety.
12. Use of music can help people to regain balance if affected by illness such as Parkinson?s disease.
1. Increase in self esteem and confidence.
2. It increases feelings of wellbeing.
3. It enhances mood.
4. Useful as a stress reducer.
5. It is uplifting spiritually.
6. It can increase positive feelings.
7. Encourages creativity.
8. It can be energizing.
9. It evokes emotions.
10. Promotes bonding.
11. Increases understanding and empathy between cultures.
12. It is healing.
Socially 1. It enables you to meet more people.
2. Is a forum for sharing.
3. Brings people together and encourages a sense of community.
4. Offers opportunity for giving and receiving positive feedback.
5. A forum for fun & laughter.
7. Provides a safe environment to try new skills.
8. Brings people together.
Source - http://www.shankarmahadevanacademy.com/community/articles/view/16/
Benefits of playing a musical instrument:
1. Playing a musical instrument relieves stress.
2. Playing a musical instrument makes you smarter.
3. Playing a musical instrument improves your social life.
4. Playing a musical instrument helps build confidence.
5. Playing a musical instrument teaches patience.
6. Playing a musical instrument fosters creativity.
7. Playing a musical instrument improves memory.
8. Playing a musical instrument develops discipline.
9. Playing a musical instrument gives you a sense of achievement.
10. Playing a musical instrument is fun.
source - http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2013/12/17/health-benefits-music/4053401/
RESEARCH SUGGESTS THAT MUSIC CAN...
1. Ease pain.
2. Motivate people to bike harder.
3. Improve running motivation and performance.
4. Increase workout endurance.
5. Speed up post-workout recovery.
6. Improve sleep quality.
7. Help people eat less.
8. Enhance blood vessel function.
9. Reduce stress.
10. Induce a meditative state.
11. Relieve symptoms of depression.
12. Elevate mood.
13. Improve cognitive performance.
14. Help people perform better in high-pressure situations.
15. Reduce anxiety as much as a massage.
16. Relax patients before surgery.
17. Ease stress after surgery.
18. Elevate mood while driving.
19. Help cancer patients manage stress and anxiety.
20. Ease recovery in stroke patients.